[xsl] Sorting on a transformed string?

Subject: [xsl] Sorting on a transformed string?
From: Scott Bronson <bronson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Oct 2002 09:57:54 -0700
Hello.  A sort problem is stumping me right now.  I've got the following

    <Member name="CreateInstance">
    <Member name="System.Caption.Insert">
    <Member name="System.Collections.ICollection.Count"

I'd like to sort them by name, without leading namespace:

    Count, CreateInstance, Insert

Then I'd like to output them, WITH the namespace:

Normally, I use leaf-name (below) to trim the namespace.  However, I
suspect it's impossible to get sort to use a named template, and I
haven't figured out any other way of figuring out the leaf name.

Is possible to sort on the leaf name?  Is it possible in XML 1.0?  :)

Thank you!

    - Scott

<xsl:template name="leaf-name">
  <xsl:param name="string"/>
    <xsl:when test="substring-after($string,'.')">
      <xsl:call-template name="leaf-name">
        <xsl:with-param name="string"
      <xsl:value-of select="$string"/>