[xsl] Nodeset problems (called RTF variable before)

Subject: [xsl] Nodeset problems (called RTF variable before)
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:53:13 +0000
Hello again

Damn, but I still have problems with the nodeset (earlier called RTF variable). Seems like I did not learn enough. The problem is another this time, though.

I would like to be able to make something like

<xsl:variable name="Test">
 <node><name><xsl:value-of select="$Language/one"/></name></node>
 <node><name><xsl:value-of select="$Language/two"/></name></node>
 <node><name><xsl:value-of select="$Language/three"/></name></node>
</xsl:variable>

for thereafter using the solution to friday's problem:
<xsl:variable name="test2" select="document('')/xsl:stylesheet/xsl:template/xsl:variable[@name='Test']/node"/>

But a call like
<xsl:value-of select="$test2[1]/name"/>
gives no result.

If I hardcode my string (represented by $Language/one), it works perfectly. But alas, my solution must be able to work in different languages, so no hardcoding in the xsl-file.

Is there some way of doing the above? Or perhaps circumventing a restriction in the programming language?

Now is perhaps the time where people ask me what I am trying to do, and if that is the case, I will happily answer.

Ragulf Pickaxe :)