RE: [xsl] How do I generate an HTML anchor element?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How do I generate an HTML anchor element?
From: "Ben Robb" <Ben@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:33:49 -0000
You are forgetting what you are actually doing here, which is building a
result tree via your templates.

Longhand:

<xsl:element name="a">
	<xsl:attribute
name="href">SomeURL.jsp?FirstName=FirstValue&amp;SecondValue=<xsl:value-
of select="AAA/BBB"/></xsl:attribute>
	<xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="DDD"/></xsl:text>
</xsl:element>

[i.e. append an element called "a" to the result tree, with an attribute
"href" with the value as specified and the text value of the "DDD" node
on the current tree.]

Shorthand (since that is clearly too much typing]

<a
href="SomeURL.jsp?FirstName=FirstValue&amp;SecondValue={AAA/BBB}"><xsl:v
alue-of select="DDD"/></a>

[i.e. use an attribute value template - denoted by {} ]

If you think of it in the longhand terms (always remembering that you
are building result tree fragments) you won't get as confused...

HTH,

Ben