RE: [xsl] Excel XML tranformation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Excel XML tranformation
From: "Thomas V. Nielsen" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:58:57 +0100
> >My problem is that does not save the "empty" cell, but refer to the next
> >available cell by using a index, like;

> When you say like then I assume you mean you are showing a
> simulation of
> Excel's xml output, because the output I routinely get from
> Excel is far
> more detailed than this, also empty cells are saved.

Hmmm, is there an option to do this?
I just use the "Save As" within Excel 2002

> it would probably be better if you provided the exact xml
> coming out of
> excel. The example you gave didn't show the five empty cells. What you
> said earlier indicated that there weren't any empty cells,
> which should
> it be.

I'll try to rephrase that. The following snippet is the actual xml saved
from Excel, but I have only included one row.

<Row>
	<Cell>
		<Data ss:Type="Number">37530</Data>
	</Cell>
	<Cell>
		<Data ss:Type="Number">50006</Data>
	</Cell>
	<Cell>
		<Data ss:Type="String">IRWIN I-100, 6 mm</Data>
	</Cell>
	<Cell>
		<Data ss:Type="Number">24721013699</Data>
	</Cell>
	<Cell ss:Index="6">
		<Data ss:Type="String">IR-i100.jpg</Data>
	</Cell>
	<Cell ss:Index="8">
		<Data ss:Type="String">IRcover.jpg</Data>
	</Cell>
	<Cell>
		<Data ss:Type="String">Irwin-b.eps</Data>
	</Cell>
	<Cell>
		<Data ss:Type="String">iri-100a.eps</Data>
	</Cell>
</Row>

What I am missing is the empty cells in spreadsheet. I can have them
exported, by filling out the "blanks" with an "'", but the are not exported
by default. Not all the cells are filled out, but in the transformation I
refer to the cells individually (that's all I could figure out so far).

So when I do a match in the row for the image, like
<xsl:value-of select="ss:Cell[6]\Data"/>
This would actually give me "IRcover.jpg" instead of "IR-i100.jpg" which I
was expecting.

<Thomas/>