[xsl] Disable Output Esacping Problems

Subject: [xsl] Disable Output Esacping Problems
From: "Schwartz, Rechell R, ALCAS" <rrschwartz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:17:46 -0500
All,

I am trying to generate an HTML file that will really be generated as an XML file and then be used as input to another XSL stylesheet (for styling purposes) where it will then be converted to a new HTML file for display in the browser. In the second XSLT file, the program goes through each <TR> and <TD> tag and adds an appropriate atribute for styling.

In the first XSLT file I need (or I think I need) to disable output esacping because I need to generate non-symmetrical XML tags. The disabling of output esacping generates the expected output, but the second XSLT file doesn't seem to recognize the <TD> and <TR> tags whose output was escaped and fails to apply the appropriate styling to these tags.

Here is the code:

<xsl:template match="Side Dish">
<xsl:if test="position() = 1">
</xsl:if>
      <xsl:value-of select="."/>
<xsl:choose>
	<xsl:when test="position() != last()">
 		<xsl:text>, </xsl:text>
	</xsl:when>
	<xsl:otherwise>
		<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[</td></tr>]]></xsl:text>
	</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Any help would be greatly apprecited.