Re: [xsl] how to clear document buffer

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to clear document buffer
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:40:14 -0700 (MST)
Mike Brown wrote:
> "Two documents are treated as the same document if they are
> identified by the same URI".
>
> Have you investigated what it would take to extend the URI resolver class that
> your XSLT processor uses? This varies from processor to processor, but if you
> can do that, then you could make your own URI scheme, and have your resolver
> process your custom URIs as necessary. The main thing the class need to do is
> find the right document and return it as a stream. Check your processor docs.

I forgot to mention, your XSLT processor might still cache the result of the
document() call even if you use a custom URI scheme; you'll need to ensure
that the URIs are different each time. You can just make it part of your
scheme... like
document('myscheme:/IgnoreThis123/some%20key') would return the root node of
the document your resolver got from the db using "some key".

   - Mike