Re: [xsl] MSXML / NBSP problem and resolution

Subject: Re: [xsl] MSXML / NBSP problem and resolution
From: "Michael H. Semcheski" <mhs-list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:34:37 -0500

Américo Albuquerque wrote:

I don't think that is a bug, you're simply getting two meta tags one
defining the encoding to UTF-16 and other to ISO-8859-1, IE use the last
one, document order.

Since the meta tag define in xsl appears after the one defined by msxml,
it uses that, outputing with the correct charset

Question: Should you get the UTF-16 meta-tag if you explicitly define the charset in the output method to ISO-8859-1?
I understand why IE picks it, I just don't understand why it can't be overridden.