RE: [xsl] <sub> into xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] <sub> into xsl
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:22:30 -0000
There is no such thing in XML as a sub tag. The &lt; and &gt; characters
in the attribute value are ordinary text characters, not markup. If you
want to treat them as markup, you will have to extract the text and pass
it to an XML parser, to turn it into a tree which XSLT can process.

Recent releases of saxon have a saxon:parse() extension function that
will do this.

Can you change the source XML design? It's a classic case of "if I were
you, I wouldn't start from here".

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx