RE: [xsl] key(), generate-id question

Subject: RE: [xsl] key(), generate-id question
From: "Américo Albuquerque" <aalbuquerque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:39:02 -0000

  </element>
 </xsl:template>

 <xsl:template name="generate-id">
  <xsl:variable name="last"
select="number(substring-after(preceding-sibling::element[@_id][1]/@_id,
'id'))"/>
  <xsl:variable name="this"
select="count(preceding-sibling::element[not(@_id)])+1"/>
  <xsl:variable name="temp" select="concat('00000',$last+$this)"/>
  <xsl:value-of
select="concat('id',substring($temp,string-length($temp)-5))"/>
 </xsl:template>

they work with this xml:
<page>
 <element _id="id000001"/>
 <element _id="id000002"/>
 <element _id="id000003"/>
 <element />
 <element />
</page>

And produce this:
<page>
 <element _id="id000001"/>
 <element _id="id000002"/>
 <element _id="id000003"/>
 <element _id="id000004"/>
 <element _id="id000005"/>
</page>

If the structure of your xml is diferent (probably is) then you can
change the 'element' in the templates by 'node()'
Hope that this helps you.