Re: [xsl] Oracle XSQL and msxsl namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] Oracle XSQL and msxsl namespace
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:04:15 +0100
There is one way, but it's kind of a trick. :-)

XSQL Pages supports the ability to defer the stylesheet processing
to the browser with the extra client="yes" pseudo-attribute
in the <?xml-stylesheet?> processing instruction.

So, for example, you can write an XSQL page like this:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" media="MSIE 6" client="yes" href="iesheet.xsl"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="regularsheet.xsl"?>
<page xmlns:xsql="urn:oracle-xsql" connection="demo">
  <xsql:query bind-params="cust low high">
    select customer_name, order_total
      from orders
     where customer_id = :cust
       and order_total between :low and :high
  </xsql:query>
</page>

And this will have the result of offloading the XSLT stylesheet
processing to the client browser if it's IE 6, otherwise will
do the stylesheet processing on the server.

In the IE 6 case, your client-side stylesheet can use MS extensions :-)

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Java/XML Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE Development with the Oracle BC4J Framework
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp