RE: [xsl] ToolBar.htc, xml & xsl, toolbar not loading

Subject: RE: [xsl] ToolBar.htc, xml & xsl, toolbar not loading
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:21:15 +0100
>Does anyone know of any lists specifically for the new htc controls,
>Toolbar in particular, Im working on a toolbar for a client
>interface(all in jscript, xml & xsl) and this is the last UI piece that
>I have to do but, being the last one it would have to be a pig. The
code
>bellow is generated by an xsl transformation on an xml file sent from
>the server,

I'm thinking probably one of the internet explorer newsgroups would have
more information about htc's
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/

and then expand the menu to web development/internet
explorer/IE5.5/windows.inetexplorer.ie55.programming.dhtml.behaviors
seems like a good bet

> I would like to
>be able to generate any changes for the interface from the xml & xsl
>files Only, ie no recoding javascript functions, so I would like to
keep
>the final toolbar definition in the xsl file(then I could change the
>structure of the toolbar at a later stage without too much hassle, i.e.
>use another form of toolbar instead of the toolbar.htc)

well it's been more than a year since I've used any htc's or similar
technology. But from what I remember the theory was that a htc would
enscapulate some basic functionality that could be called by a
developer, i.e  a designer on the third tier without needing to know how
the javascript behind the scenes was interpreting it.
Many of the advantages offered by using a htc are better achieved using
xml/xslt, in my experience, perhaps it would be better to say what it is
you hope to achieve with this toolbar and then ask how you can achieve
something like this.

As a general rule this list probably responds best to examples of xml, a
required output, and perhaps a problem statement.