Re: [xsl] displaying xslt using xsl:fo

Subject: Re: [xsl] displaying xslt using xsl:fo
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:31:00 +0200
Andrew Welch wrote:

Has anyone written a xsl:fo stylesheet to display xslt (or any kind of
markup)?

Not actually, but why do you want it? What's wrong with an ordinary xml editor? xslt is xml after all.

Its appears that fop is treating all the xslt and html mark up as
instructions, almost as if it isnt namespace aware...

Don't offend FOP :), it's surely namespace aware. But FOP is only a FO Processor and xsl-fo is the only language it understands, no html and no xslt (although you can run it with -xml my.xml -xsl my.xsl arguments and FOP will run transformation to xsl-fo for you).

  I've only started
on xsl:fo today (with the help Dave P's online book, cheers dave!) so
any gentle looseners are appreciated.

Usually you have xml file with your data and xsl stylesheet (you can find lots of them in FOP distribution examples or in Dave's book) and you can run FOP to format them into a pdf. Take a look at xml.apache.org/fop site and feel free to ask inevitable questions here or in fop-user mail list.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team