[xsl] Applying text nodes: 2 processors, 2 behaviours

Subject: [xsl] Applying text nodes: 2 processors, 2 behaviours
From: sguazt@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:54:13 +0100
Hi,
I have a named template that calls the <xsl:apply-templates> instruction on its
argument; however I have problem when I pass a text as argument.
More precisely with Sablot XSLT processor I obtain the result I expect (and
that I would it be!!) whereas with LibXSLT processor I do not get what I want.
Reading the W3C XSLT spec I found:
In the absence of a select attribute, the xsl:apply-templates instruction
processes all of the children of the current node, including text nodes.
However, text nodes that have been stripped as specified in [3.4 Whitespace
Stripping] will not be processed. If stripping of whitespace nodes has not been
enabled for an element, then all whitespace in the content of the element will
be processed as text, and thus whitespace between child elements will count in
determining the position of a child element as returned by the position function.

So it's seem that LibXSLT fails!!
For clarity I give you a simple example:
XML:
--------------------------

<root>
        <node>foobar</node>
</root>
--------------------------
XSL:
--------------------------

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:output method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-1" media-type="text/html"
indent="yes" />

<xsl:template match="root">
                <xsl:call-template name="msg">
                        <xsl:with-param name="title">A Title</xsl:with-param>
                        <xsl:with-param name="body">Body: <xsl:value-of
select="node" /></xsl:with-param>
                </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="msg">