RE: [xsl] With Saxon7.2, can an aliased namespace prefix be excludedfrom the output?

Subject: RE: [xsl] With Saxon7.2, can an aliased namespace prefix be excludedfrom the output?
From: "Timothy Larson" <Tdlarson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:11:56 -0500
Thank you for your hard work on Saxon.
The changes to xsl:namespace-alias in Saxon 7.3 solved my problems.
I know the old way conformed, but the new way (using the result-prefix) is a lot easier to work with.
I appreciate your tracking the standard so closely and your quick responses to questions.

Tim

>>> michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx 11/14/02 02:46PM >>>
Saxon's output when you use xsl:namespace-alias is inelegant but the
stylesheet that it produces is precisely equivalent to the one that you
want.

It will be improved in the next version.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx