RE: [xsl] How do can I select distinct nodes and adding a counter at the sa me time

Subject: RE: [xsl] How do can I select distinct nodes and adding a counter at the sa me time
From: Cams Ismael <Ismael.Cams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:21:34 +0100
Hello Tom,

first thanks for trying to help.
I know what you mean, but the problem I have is how do I produce a tree with
distinct values that I can access afterwards. What I do know is first
sorting, so all the same values are together. Than I check every time with
the preceding value, when this values are different I write the node to the
output. But when I now want to use the position function I have the problem
that the nodes that are double are also count. Sending the stylesheet is
difficult because it's more complicated than the examples I have sent, and I
am afraid it would make everything a little bit confusing. The only thing I
actually need is storing a copy of my tree with distinct values that I can
access afterwards. But is seems not as easy as putting it in a variable.

All ideas are welcome !

Kind regards,
Ismaël