Re: [xsl] The beginning of xslt?

Subject: Re: [xsl] The beginning of xslt?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:04:27 GMT
> I can't imagine building a whole
> website of hyperlinked PDF's ;-)

people do though (you could find a few thousand cross linked pdf files
on NAG's site for example, although admitedly that isn't the entire
site...

> I guess I'm just interested in the potential convergence of display
> technologies like post-script/PDF and browser based technology. The XSL
> spec seems to hint at a broader usage of formatting objects as indeed
> you did when you said:

Yes all I really mean to suggest that perhaps the route to a "Fo based
browser" is to strengthen the "web-like features" of systems
traditionally thought of as "print preview" rather than to try to graft
FO functionality onto a system with an HTML history.

David