Re: [xsl] Limiting XSL Results for Timely Web Page Display

Subject: Re: [xsl] Limiting XSL Results for Timely Web Page Display
From: "Bruce Dailey" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:46:57 +0900
My idea of creating a temporary file with the search results would not
work - that is, if there is more than one user.

So to rephrase the problem: I need to have the XSL transformation take
an XML file and search on a string in an element and then produce HTML
output for
1. items that match the search text and
2. that are in a certain range - for timely web page display

e.g.

<dictionary>
</dictionary>

If I want 2 items per page and the search value is 'A':

Then on the first call to the XSL I would request matches 1 to 2 then
the XSL would output:
Next (hyperlink to previous results)

The next request would be for items 3 and 4, etc.
Prev

I can see how to match on values and how to get the position of items
but my problem is that I cannot figure how to get a set of matches and
then only output a subset of those matches based on their position.

Would "for-each" be the way or do I need to create a new "element"?