[xsl] Concat dynamically assigned xslt

Subject: [xsl] Concat dynamically assigned xslt
From: Robert Sösemann <robert.soesemann@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:15:43 +0100
I am not sure if this is a cocoon specific problem or solveable with XSL
only. I have this problem.

I am working on a CMS where non-programmers can feed articles to a db.
Cocoon output those articles in different ways. The problematic view is the
multi-article page. There abstracts of many different article types are
displayed. As I want the system to be extensible - that means without one
big pre-.made xslt - the user can write there own stylesheet for EVERY
article. All they should have to do is save the xsl and write its path to
the db.

As I have this multi-article view I would need to dynmically merge all
assigned xslt to one sytlesheet that could be a cocoon transformer in my
pipeline:

SITEMAP
<map:match pattern="abstractpage_*.html">
    <map:generate src="getEverythingFromDBAsXML.xsp"/>
    ...? MAGIC COMPONENT ?
    <map:transform src="dynamicallyGenerated.xsl"/>
<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

GENERATOR:
<PAGE>
    <ABSTRACT nr="1" styleMeWith="first.xsl">
    </ABSTRACT>
    <ABSTRACT nr="5 styleMeWith="fifth.xsl
    </ABSTRACT>
..
</PAGE>

Can you imagine a solution to this problem. Maybe with meta-stylesheets?

Thanks in advance!

Rob