[xsl] Iterating over all the Ancestors

Subject: [xsl] Iterating over all the Ancestors
From: "bix xslt" <bix_xslt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:19:58 +0000
All,

I have been trying to figure out a way of iterating over the parent nodes of a particular child all the way to the root of the tree. Essentially, I'd like to display the path which I have taken to get to the current child, but I would like to do it in such a way that at a future point in time, I can modify my style sheet to include hyperlinks at each parent node. An example xml file would be:

   </data>
   </data>
       </data>
   </data>
</data>

Suppose that we are at the following X-Path:
   /<root data>/<Design data>/<Interfaces data>/<Hardware-Software data>

I would like to develop a template that essentially displays the path above in the following way:

Title for web page -> Design -> Interfaces -> Hardware-Software

At each point, if I added a <href> node within the xml tree as a child of the <data> element, then I would like to be able to hyperlink each individual node...

Thanks!
Bix