[xsl] How to count elements on a page

Subject: [xsl] How to count elements on a page
From: Mete Kural <metekural@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:13:51 -0800 (PST)
Hello XSL-List Subscribers,

In our print project, I need to have a footnote for
every page that shows the count of a certain number of
elements on that page only.

For example, I have a page with dictionary entries. I
want to have a footnote on the right bottom corner
that shows how many dictionary entries there is on
that specific page. For every page, there will be a
footnote telling the count of dictionary entries on
the page. How do I count the number of certain
elements - for instance <dictionary-entry> elements -
on a "page" and print the total count for that page as
a footnote on the page?

Thanks,
Mete Kural