Re: [xsl] Doing HTTP/POST from XSLT is fun!

Subject: Re: [xsl] Doing HTTP/POST from XSLT is fun!
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 11:31:13 -0500
Bonjour Eric

For those of you who read French, I came to the same (controversial)
conclusion on a real world case recently on XMLfr:

The problem is if you want to pass a bit more structure.

Yes, my example was easy enough. OTH, it's very often the case and then, why would we use something more complex?

Bien sur! Absolutely, I agree. In fact, I used the document($url)
method before and it works great for simple GET transactions with
a flat list of arguments. But, as I said, the whole point here is
to allow me to play in the SOAP and "web services" game using
my favorite programming language, XSLT :-) That is what my
post:message extension is for. (It's not like I'm looking for
more work :-)

regards
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine