RE: [xsl] :o) (Re: qualitative decline of xsl-list questions)

Subject: RE: [xsl] :o) (Re: qualitative decline of xsl-list questions)
From: "Chuck White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 07:33:52 -0800

That's because you *do* have to think differently when using XSLT than when using OOP.

I know Dimitre is just having fun here, but isn't this poster's complaint more with object-oriented programming than with MS programming in general? Java and .NET require, if not knowledge of, at least access to, references to extensive object libraries. If the poster isn't having some fun with OOP, it's best to find another line of work, I would think.

As for XSLT and its "peculiarities", Dimitre speaks well to the fact that the core programming style for XSLT has been around for a very long time. He has also heard my confessions that I have long considered myself a neophyte programmer and that getting a handle on XSLT has vastly improved my overall programming skills, and has actually improved my OOP programming for some reason.

XSLT, in fact, is itself a great teacher, and a very good way to introduce newcomers to programming.

Chuck White