Re: [xsl] skipping table-header of fo:table if empty

Subject: Re: [xsl] skipping table-header of fo:table if empty
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:15:00 -0500
Lee, Insoo wrote:
Hello -
Is it possible to print table-header of fo:table only if there is anything
that goes into table-body?
I will have to have multiple tables and I'd like to skip the table headings
if it's empty table.
Thanks

How are you generating the FO instance? If it's via XSLT, should be able to check whether or not there will be any body content and simply not produce a table. You may need to tell us more about precisely what you're doing and now.

But to answer your specific question, no, there is no way to make a normal table header conditional on the presence of a table body (but if you are using the region-before trick, you can do it by emitting empty markers before the table, but I suspect that that's not applicable in this case.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@xxxxxxxxxx