Re: [xsl] combining two variables to generate XPATH

Subject: Re: [xsl] combining two variables to generate XPATH
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:36:43 -0800 (PST)
"Robert Koberg" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ADECJLDNBFNBOJBLKCMOKEFPDMAA.rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi bix,
>
> I think everyone is getting caught up in your explicit question :)
and not
> understanding what you want, or perhaps I am missing something...
>
> Based on previous examples:
> concat($node,'/',$type,'/item') -- assuming $type is the name of an
element
> select="'someBranch'" -- assuming 'someBranch' is the name of an
element

> this is very simple to solve in XSLT 1.0, as I posted earlier:
>
> <xsl:template name="foo">
>   <xsl:param name="node"/>
>   <xsl:param name="branch" select="'someBranch'"/>
>   <xsl:for-each select="$node/*[name()=$branch]/leaf">
>     <xsl:value-of select="@id" />
>   </xsl:for-each>
> </xsl:template>
>
> best,
> -Rob

This is what I advised him to do in one of the newsgroups about a week
ago. But obviously this person has some other requirements.

How long will need 1000 people to guess?

>From my empirical observations more than 50% of the messages and time
taken goes in clarifying the formulation of a problem -- some never get
explained well.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.