Re: Announcement netiquette (was RE: [xsl] [ANN] <oXygen/> XML Editor 1.2.4)

Subject: Re: Announcement netiquette (was RE: [xsl] [ANN] <oXygen/> XML Editor 1.2.4)
From: Kevin Jones <kjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:14:09 +0000
On Wednesday 18 Dec 2002 1:40 pm, G. Ken Holman wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear the opinions of others ... note on
> http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/index.html that anything related
> to XSL is fair game; there are no bans on announcements.  Perhaps
> reinforcing the "Use Informative Subject Lines" section with the request
> for including "ANN" at the start of a message for announcements would be
> useful.

In general I don't see much harm in commercial posts, it's nice to hear what
people are doing. In this case however I have had 3 posts from this list and
a further 6 posts in XML-DEV about this product within the last 6 months.
This is not what I would consider acceptable use, perhaps time for the list
administrators to step in.

Kev.