Re: [xsl] Basic again: if condition and processing

Subject: Re: [xsl] Basic again: if condition and processing
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:44:30 +0100
Hello Hubert,

you can add a global parameter and use this one in th whole file. So you have all templates only once. In this way the url parameter can get into the stylesheet too.

<xsl:param name="lang" select="'ger'"/>

<xsl:template match="sect1">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="sect2[@lang = $lang]"/>
</xsl:template>

Regards,

Joerg

Hubert Holtz wrote:
Thank you for your help Joerg or just: Dank'schön

But I have another question about XSL processing.

I have two sect1 elements in my article with different language attributes,
depending on an url parameter I want to process the english or german section.

I thought of something like that:

<xsl:template match="sect1">

       <xsl:if sect1="@lang='eng'">
	<xsl:apply-templates select="sect1[@lang='eng']"/>
       </xsl:if>

       <xsl:if sect1="@lang='ger'">
	<xsl:apply-templates select="sect1[@lang='ger']"/>
       </xsl:if>

but then I have to copy nearly the whole xsl content into the second template too,
and I know that's not the way to do it, because both sect1 elements(eng,ger) are structured in
the same way, only different content, of course.

So my XML looks like thtat:
<sect1 lang="eng">
		  <title></title>

		  <para> english bla

<sect1 lang="ger">
		  <title></title>

		  <para> deutsch bla

So depending on my url parameter (e.g. ?lang=ger) I want to process all with lang="ger" attribute in my XML file and the same way with lang="eng".

Thanks in advance.
Homer30