RE: [xsl] Line ends

Subject: RE: [xsl] Line ends
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:08:14 -0000
You need to establish why the line endings are there, then you can
consider how to change the stylesheet to avoid outputting them.
Whitespace generally comes from one of three sources (a) it is copied
from the source document, (b) it is copied from the stylesheet, (c) it
is added by using indent="yes" (which is the default with HTML output).
The remedy depends on the cause. Sometimes <xsl:strip-space> is the
answer, sometimes the normalize-space() function.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx