RE: [xsl] [OT] charset (was: how to get an NCR in the output?)

Subject: RE: [xsl] [OT] charset (was: how to get an NCR in the output?)
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:26:13 +0100
Tobias,

I think the RFC text you quoted supported what I've said: if there is no
charset parameter for "text/html", it defaults to ISO-8859-1 (no matter what
the entity body says). Basically this means that you either have to serve
ISO-8859-1 encoded content, or must set the charset parameter properly.

No, I don't like this as well (and I think the standards bodies agree in
retrospective). But this is what it currently says.

Julian