Re: [xsl] Language properties and inline elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Language properties and inline elements
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:47:04 +0200
Mariusz Idzikowski wrote:
Is there any way to assign language properties (language, country,
hyphenate, etc) to inline sequences of text? I deal with multilanguage
texts (dictionaries) and find it rather odd that you can only assign a
language to the whole paragraph and not to individual words or phrases.

How can these properties be used on fo:character elements?
All hyphenation properties apply to both fo:block and fo:character.
And they are inherited, so you can put language property on fo:inline and it should be inherited down to fo:character objects. That's conceptual model afaik, but in practise I believe FOP doesn't support it yet.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team