Re: [xsl] Marking every second row

Subject: Re: [xsl] Marking every second row
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:03:11 +0000
Hi Sorin,

> I got an very simple XSL-File wich produces following output from a very
> simple XML-File

> Now I want the background of the lines which are marked with an X in
> another color.
>
> So how do I select every second row of my output?

Using this output as the input for a transformation, you can do
something like:

<xsl:template match="table">
    <xsl:for-each select="tr">
        <xsl:if test="position() mod 2 = 0">
          <xsl:attribute name="bgcolor">blue</xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:if>
        <xsl:copy-of select="*" />
    </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

This loops over the tr elements, creates a copy and adds a bgcolor
attribute if the position of the tr element is even (which is tested
with position() mod 2 = 0).

You could probably do something similar when you're actually creating
this table in your stylesheet, but without seeing the input to that
transformation I can't be certain.

Cheers,

Jeni

---