RE: [xsl] how to get an NCR in the output?

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to get an NCR in the output?
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:37:23 -0500
[ Tobias Reif]

> > Either add
> > to the XHTML document, so the browser will interpret the bytes
> > properly,
>

> didn't help (NN6)

This will work for actual html files but I think that if the browser
thinks it is getting xml, it does not know what to do with the "meta"
element.

BTW, for those of you who use stylesheets to create javascript code, you
can declare the character encoding for the javascript inside the
<script> opening tag.  It does not have to agree with the default
encoding the browser otherwise uses.  This can take care of many of
those annoying character display-mangling problems.

You do it like this -

<script language='javascript' charset='utf-8'>
//...
</script>

Cheers,

Tom P