Re: [xsl] types of input...

Subject: Re: [xsl] types of input...
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:36:13 +0000
Tobi Reif wrote:
> Would it make sense to modularize the XSLT2 spec? Then implementaers
> could choose a defined subset to start with, and users and XSLTs
> could always know which processor supports which areas of the spec.
> (I didn't yet read all of XSLT2, so I might be missing a lot.)

The plan is to have conformance levels so that processors don't have
to implement the schema-aware aspects of XSLT/XPath 2.0, which I think
is the biggest problem area in terms of getting XSLT 2.0 implemented.

As indicated in the current Working Draft, there will also be a
serialization 'module' -- XSLT processors don't have to be able to
serialize the result tree that they generate.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison