[xsl] Beginner: adding xmlns:mml attribute

Subject: [xsl] Beginner: adding xmlns:mml attribute
From: Roel Vanhout <roel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:13:52 +0100
Hello all,

This is probably a simple question but this is my first xsl programming task and I'm rather new to xml & especially xml namespaces, too. So hold on tight :)

I'm trying to output the following:

<HTML XMLNS:m="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";>
<head>
</head>

as per http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/authoring.htm.
My first, naive attempt was

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
<xsl:template match="document">
<xsl:element name="html" namespace="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"/>
<head>
</head>
</xsl:stylesheet>

but that gives me simply
<head>
</head>

So I tried various options with <xsl:element> and its namespace attribute, but I cannot get it to work right. I could ofcourse use CDATA to get it right, but I prefer another approach, if there is one. I hope I explained my problem clearly. Thanks in advance for all hints & RTFM's (well, if you say which M, that is).

cheers,

roel