Re: [xsl] Frame as page background

Subject: Re: [xsl] Frame as page background
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:17:24 -0600
Philippe Drix wrote:
Hi,
I want to produce a sequence of pages, each page with a border frame. How to do that in XSL-FO ?
Regards -- Ph D

Both XEP and RenderX support borders on the page regions, even though the XSL spec says that these borders should have a width of zero (although I have no idea why). I don't know about FOP.

A less convenient, but more conforming, approach is to use static content in the edge regions to create borders--you can do it a number of ways (leaders in rotated blocks, tables, a big before or after region with a ruled block, etc.).

One thing to keep in mind is that the edge regions can overlap the body region. This means you can create static content w/in an edge region that is rendered at the same location on the page as the body region. For example, you could have the region-before have an extent that is greater than the width and height extent of the region body. This lets you achieve some interesting effects.

You can also get some mileage out of background graphics in any of the page regions.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@xxxxxxxxxx