Re: [xsl] XLST vs. X#

Subject: Re: [xsl] XLST vs. X#
From: martin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:26:45 +0000 (GMT)
i feel compelled to counter that statement by mr Sax (I wonder if there's
not a mr Dom out there somewhere...)
 - there's a fully featured, object-oriented XML language called o:XML.
it's not very hard to use, and to paraphrase Mike Sax it's power is
unlimited :)

the focus of o:XML is to process and generate XML, which makes it an
orthogonal technology to XSL. generate with o:XML, transform with XSL.

for more info see http://www.o-xml.org

i saw this and related newsitems about X# and found it quite interesting
that Microsoft show intentions to produce a functional language. how will
they get legions of VB and C# programmers to think functional rather than
imperative??

/m