[xsl] how to "save" a context?

Subject: [xsl] how to "save" a context?
From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:02:51 -0500
I want to "save" a context, e.g., when I'm in a specific context node, I want to be able to serialize the context node such that I can pass that serialization as a string or what not, to another XSLT that processes the same original XML. Then I could simply select="deserialize(myserializedString)" and jump to the same node. Assuming the XML hasn't changed.

I read the spec and the FAQ... doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this.

FWIW, the string has to go through an HTML forms client/server roundtrip, it will be stored as a parameter in an HTML form, then when they submit, the string will be used to access a subtree of the original XML to expand that subtree and make new HTML forms for the subtree.

simon

---
www.simonwoodside.com