[xsl] Register Marks, Funny Character Problems

Subject: [xsl] Register Marks, Funny Character Problems
From: "Scott Purcell" <spurcell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:40:12 -0600
Hello,

I have been given a project, in which I am creating xml files of data coming from our Oracle db. The files get quite large, as a xml document we have seen the ASCII files get up to 50MB.

We are NOT using dom to assemble these xml files, due to the fact that dom puts the whole document into memory, and since this is a web app, will probably bring down the web server.

The developer created some class files and basically is creating the xml by printing the data to a text file.

First question: I know this is probably not the right way, but what should one do when the files get huge like this?

Second question: The way we are doing this, there are trademark, and register symbols in the database that are screwing up the xml when we try and parse it later.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem arena?

Thanks,
Scott