RE: [xsl] Nested XML Tree View

Subject: RE: [xsl] Nested XML Tree View
From: "Andy J. Cupp" <acupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:37:38 -0600
Create a template that matches all the elements you want to display.  Inside that template, take a count of all the ancestors of the current element.  You can use that count to know how many spaces to "tab over" on every line.  Then create a <div> element that displays the element's name and value, and use the <div>'s attributes to accomplish the "tabbing over".

Instead of counting the ancestors, you could also send a param to each successive template that matches an element, like this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="node()">
	<xsl:with-param name="currentDepth" select="$currentDepth + 1"/>
</xsl:apply-templates>

That way, $currentDepth will always contain how many levels down you are in the xml structure.

If you need help with any of the details, please let me know.

Hope I was some help,
Andy