RE: [xsl] calling extension java functions. ( Saxon Vs Xalan)

Subject: RE: [xsl] calling extension java functions. ( Saxon Vs Xalan)
From: Cams Ismael <Ismael.Cams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:16:27 +0100
Why don't you use XSLT for implementing the upperCase function. This works
always with all XSLT processors and you don't have to mess with extension
functions.

e.g.
StringUtils.xsl
<xsl:template name="upperCase">

Main.xsl
<xsl:include href="StringUtils.xsl"/>

<xsl:call-template name="upperCase">
	<xsl:with param name="$mystring"/>
</xsl:call-template>

I agree it's not easy to implement all string functions, but for easy ones
like this I think it's an advantage to use templates instead of extension
functions.

Kind regards,
Ismaël