Re: [xsl] XSLT for binary files

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT for binary files
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:01:39 +0200
Kanchana@VSNL wrote:

I am a new XML developer and we are using C# at my workplace to develop a desktop application. I needed to know if it is possible to use XSLT to transform the contents of an XML file into a proprietary binary format ? If yes, then what would be the best way to go about it ? If no, then is there any indirect way in which the same end can be achieved? Is there some help available online for my problem ?
Why do you want to use xslt here? xslt "is a language for transforming XML documents into other XML documents". What you can do is to tranform source xml into some proprietary xml vocabulary and then using C# output it in binary format.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team