[xsl] RE: [announce] New Visual XSL:FO Designer and new book on XMLSPY

Subject: [xsl] RE: [announce] New Visual XSL:FO Designer and new book on XMLSPY
From: "Larry E. Kim" <larry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:09:00 -0500
Dear XSL-List,

XMLSPY 5 now includes a new Designer for XSL:FO, for use in visually
designing layouts of XML content for use in publishing applications, or
other applications which require XML-to-PDF transformation.

Through a visual, drag-and-drop interface, you can select XML elements
from a content model defined using a DTD or XML Schema, and place them
on a layout. A PDF preview of the output document can be obtained by
clicking a button - of course you could also use the generated XSL:FO
code to create other file formats like PostScript, etc. This new XSL:FO
designer is described in more detail here:
http://www.altova.com/features_stylesheet.html - A free trial download
is available here: http://www.altova.com/download

Finally, I would like to announce the availability of my new book, the
XMLSPY Handbook, published by John Wiley & Sons, which includes 2
chapters on learning XSL using XMLSPY, specifically, it covers use of
XMLSPY's XSLT debugger, XSLT designer, and a utility for
testing/analyzing/visualizing XPath expressions, etc. I hope that it is
helpful to people who are building XSL applications. It is available on
amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764549642/

Very sincerely,
Larry Kim