Re: [xsl] yet another XPath question

Subject: Re: [xsl] yet another XPath question
From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:11:59 -0500
So I guess there's no easy way out, eh? I'm sure I can code something up to do this...

simon

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 01:40 PM, S Woodside wrote:

OK, that's easy, I just test="/Big/Long/XPath" but wait, if it's /not/ present then I want to create sufficient nodes to insert the new element in that place. That means I want to test each location step in the XPath, one by one, from root to leaf, to see if it's there. If it isn't, I then create a new node for that location step, and then descend the rest of the XPath, creating nodes until I'm done and then I insert the value. Here's an example of what I want to have happen:
---
www.simonwoodside.com