RE: [xsl] Problem reading root element in XML Stylesheet based XML document

Subject: RE: [xsl] Problem reading root element in XML Stylesheet based XML document
From: "Roger Glover" <glover_roger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:09:31 -0600
David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'll make sure its very prominent at the top of the namespace faq page,
> but I think people don't see this as a namespace problem David.
>
> How can I get them to find it when they are not looking for the
> right thing?
> Suggestions welcome.

First of all, it would be nice for a new list member if there were a link to
the XSL FAQ at the bottom of these messages, along with the link to the mail
list config page.

Second, and more significantly, it might be useful to have a
"Troubleshooting" section of the FAQ that tries to address the problems by
symptom, rather than by diagnosis/solution.  Each FAQ answer in that section
could be nothing more than a quick triage including links to elsewhere in
the FAQ, or it could rehash whole problem areas in a newbie-friendly way.

Even the triage approach would involve a significant amount of work, but it
should be well worth it in the end.  One might suggest actually reorganizing
the whole FAQ along these "troubleshooting" lines, but I would advise
against it.  After such a rewrite, the FAQ would be much less useful to me!
:-)

-- Roger Glover
   glover_roger@xxxxxxxxx