Re: [xsl] is XSLT 2.0 implementable? (was: N : M transformation)

Subject: Re: [xsl] is XSLT 2.0 implementable? (was: N : M transformation)
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:03:58 +0100
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:36:42PM +0100, Tobias Reif wrote:
> >   Hum, there might have been a misunderstanding,
>
> Only a slight one ...
>
> > I didn't said that
> > for XPath2/XSLT2 but for XML Schemas Structure.
>

> ... and not really relevant for what I said.
>
> About implementing XSLT 2.0 you wrote:
>
> "It's also clear that I tried an implementation within libxml2 but it
> became quickly too painful that I focused on other targets."

  no it was about XML Schemas implementation, not XSLT 2.0

> "I'm just stating why I think at this point that I won't be able to
> implement XSLT-2.0 nor XPath-2.0 anytime soon."

  true, but I didn't tried.

> So is the spec the reason or not? If the reason is only it's reliance on
> XML Schemas Structure, then that's the issue which should be resolved.

  the reliance on XML Schemas, independantly of the lack of time, is
in my current view the main factor. On the other hand I understand the
value of being able to select based on types.

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/