Re: [xsl] Re: Partial Extraction

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Partial Extraction
From: "Babu Sathish Ramaraj" <bramaraj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:54:54 +0530
Hi,

I am not sure that there is a method in XSLT where u can transform only one
section of <group>.But i think this may work fine..

If u assign a attribute say id ...while building the xml.. u may get the xml
like this..

<total>
 <group id="1">
 <list>
 <list>
 <list>
 </group>
 <group id="2">
 <list>
 <list>
 </group>
 </total>

In the xsl at the first time display the first group ie where group id="1"

Let us assume , we have previous and next buttons...if u click next get the
currrent group id ..increment and pass to the same page...if it is going to
be previous..decrement the current group id by one and call the same page...

Note: when u get the records from the database and u are building it in
xml...make sure that u have only one record in xml...ie the group id u
wanted...

Consider there is a file displaygroup.jsp..where u get  the first trecord
initially .. built in the xml file and u are passing this to the xsl...
so u will now display the first group...
and then have the next and previous buttons and do as said above and pass
the group id to the same page..suppose if u pass the group id as 6 ...u have
to get the 6th record from the database and put it in xml..others don't
need...b'coz it is an overhead ...

Cheers
Babu Sathish.