[xsl] an external javascript question

Subject: [xsl] an external javascript question
From: "TP" <tpass001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:43:16 -0600
I am trying to cut down the weight of my stylesheets. I had earlier asked a
question about import/include and thanks to a lot of very interesting
answers, I have trimmed down on the common templates. So at least 2 huge
formatting templates are out of the stylesheet and being imported.

Here is the other question, I am trying to move all the js out and try to
call the js as you would in html. I have tried everything that I could find
that other users have posted such as

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="web.js" />
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" href="web.js" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/javascript" src="web.js"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/javascript" href="web.js"/>
<script language="JavaScript"  type="text/javascript"
src="web.js">&#160;</script>
<script language="JavaScript"  type="text/javascript"
href="web.js">&#160;</script>

The URIResover interface has been written and thats why my imported
stylesheets are found, so I am assuming that since the web.js file is in the
same folder, it should be found too, but for some reason, even after giving
the fixed absolute path, the xsl does not pick up the .js file.

As an alternative for now, I am importing the stylesheet that has the
javascript and calling the stylesheet by the template name. I am assuming
that this is not the procedure that most developers use on this list. As
soon as this is done, I want to do the same for the .css.

I would appreciate some tips.

On a side, this list helps a lot. Thank you.

TP.