Re: [xsl] Filtering XML with XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Filtering XML with XSL
From: "Charles White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:53:20 -0800

> Chuck and Steve: Thanks for all your help. It definitely helped taken out
> the exception handlers to debug. I am using the same script that Chuck was
> using but unfortunately it does not work for me.
>
> Not sure why the jscript cannot use the properties from the document or
> navigator objects.
> I can only get it to work (see below) if I have static .xml and .xsl files
> (like your .asp script Steve); but that is not accomplishing client-side
> filtering at all and it adds more maintenance work. Such is life.

Are you saying that the script works okay if you are using a standalone,
static XML file with a PI pointing to the stylesheet? This is how I tested
it, and it worked okay. The fact you're running through Active Directory may
be the reason for your problems, but it sounds like your the document is

> Next, I'll try to run it on a machine with msxml ver 4  and see if that
> helps. If anyone has any ideas I'll try them.

Well, if you do that, be sure you call the correct objects for MSXML 4:
Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.4.0
and
Msxml2.XSLTemplate.4.0

Cheers,