Re: [xsl] Determining the type of attribute within the matching template

Subject: Re: [xsl] Determining the type of attribute within the matching template
From: "James Carlyle" <james.carlyle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:39:24 -0000
> attribute, and in fact there is no way to test the name of an
> attribute that is the current node aside from with the local-name()
> and namespace-uri() functions (and the name() function, but I'd only
> use that if you were dealing with attributes in no namespace).

Thanks, Jeni.  This is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

> In the case above, I think you'd be a lot better off splitting the
> <xsl:choose> into multiple templates:

The reason that I didn't want to do this is that there is a lot of common
code before the node-specific code, which I snipped in the example I gave.
I have moved this into a separate named template which is called from each
node-specific template, but it would have been more aesthetic if I could
have used an inline "choose" construct.

James