[OT] XML Spy issues (was: Re: [xsl] Debugging XSL with XML Spy 5)

Subject: [OT] XML Spy issues (was: Re: [xsl] Debugging XSL with XML Spy 5)
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:41:11 +0100
Braumüller, Hans wrote:

> I have had also problem with the xsl-debugger from xml spy 5. I
> wanted to know, if their inbuild-engine is 100% compliant with
> XSLT, to find out if my code or the the debugger fails, because of
> get the same code running with msxml 3 and 4 and xalan 2.4.1. I
> search the entire Altova website, the Help and handbook from Xml
> Spy 5. Nothing.
>
> I hope they will release that important information, if they want
> stay serious with us.

http://www.xmlspy.com/support_faq_ide_xsl.html#q10_xsl
etc don't tell much ...

I find a combimation of open, cross-platform tools to be much more transparent, flexible and powerful. Fixes often are available much faster, and else you can switch any component at anytime.
For incorporating a debugger, the IDE concept seems to be a good basis though; but that alone doesn't cut it for me.

Here are my experiences with XML Spy
http://www.pinkjuice.com/nx/win2lin.xhtml#xmlspy

Tobi

--