RE: RE: [xsl] How to implement an array

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] How to implement an array
From: Imrran Wahid <devguy2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:30:51 -0800 (PST)
> You used the following in your solution:
>
> >       <xsl:for-each
> > select="table/col[count(.|key('union', @month)[1])
> =
> > 1]">
>
> Can you elaborate on how this works. I gather it
> selects a unique occurence of the month attribute
> from
> all the elements. How do you do this if month was
> element instead of attribute? Just by omitting the
> '@'?

Charles, thanks for your input on this as well. Since
the solution originally came from you, I should have
directed this question to you. Sorry for not following
the messages in order.

Can you explain the use of the above select statement?
Is 'union' a key word? And can you interchange it with
the symbol '|'?

Imrran

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTreference/Output/function_generate-id.html

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTreference/Output/index.html